Last week I talked about how I was starting to make the transition to using only cruelty free beauty products. It’s certainly a work in progress and I’ll be sharing more about it in an upcoming post. For this week’s Friday Five, I thought I’d share some cruelty free brands (and products) that I love.
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil – A total dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz at half the price, I’m loving this pencil. I have crazy, full brows that are sparse in some places. This product is quick to use and effective. Nyx also has a host of other amazing cruely free products on their website. I love their soft matte lip creams and the wonder stick for contour and highlight.
- Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette – An awesome palette with everything you need – shadow, blush, highlight, and contour. Tarte blushes are amazing and the shadows are pretty great to. I also own the Showstopper palette and they’re both perfect for travel.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liptsick – Handmade in Toronto, ON, these lipsticks are not only cruelty free but are also made with food grade ingredients. I love ‘Fig’ but they have a wide range of shades to pick from with everything from wear-to-work neutrals to vibrant, bold shades for a night on the town.
- Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation – This foundation is pricey, but so nice. I wear the shade Rachel and love the buildable coverage. Since I’m moving to owning fewer, higher quality products, I can justify the price. Not sure which shade you are or if you’ll like the formula? Nuciya Beauty will allow you to order samples so you can test drive the foundation before taking the plunge.
- Lily Lolo New Black Vegan Mascara – I’ve blogged about this product in the past but thought it was worth another mention. It’s an awesome everyday mascara. I have pretty long lashes, so when I want to add a little something without being too dramatic (say, for work) I reach for this.
Have you tried these products? Have a favourite I didn’t mention? Please share them in the comments below!
*This post contains some affiliate links. All opinions are my own.